logo1

Aaron Bacon (Stephen, Elijah, Stephen, Stephen, John, Michael), b. Apr. 1, 1811 m. Apr. 11, 1836, Mary S., dau. Thomas and Martha (Davis) Brooks of Lincoln, b. Dec. 6, 1814, d. Jan. 8, 1902. He died July 8, 1895. Mr. Bacon was a farmer (Patrick Slavin place on Farm street) although his farm was not a large one, it was one of the best kept in town. He was a public spirited citizen, interested in the First Parish Church, the schools and in town improvements. He was for many years town treasurer and collector of taxes. Some years before his death he sold his farm and moved from town, but later purchased the Gay place on the Clay brook road, where he passed the remaining days of his life...

John Chickering (John, Nathaniel, Nathaniel, Simon, Henry, Stephen), b. Aug. 21, 1744, m. July 2, 1767, Lois, dau. John and Lydia (Smith) Marsh of McAlfield. He settled the farm owned by the late Patrick Slavin on Farm street, but later lived on Strawberry hill. Marched at the Lexington Alarm...

Joseph Draper (John, James, Thomas), b. June 3, 1699, m. Jan. 27, 1725, Deborah, dau. Samuel and Deborah (Lovell) Ellis of Medfield, b. 1700. Mr. Draper built a house on his father's land on Farm street, which was owned by the late William Slavin. Here Mr. Draper lived and reared his family...

Excerpts from THE GENEALOGICAL HISTORY of DOVER, MASSACHUSETTS, Tracing All Families Previous to 1850 and Many Families That Have Lived in the Town Since, With an Account of the Habits and Customs of the People, by Frank Smith. Published by the Historical and Natural History Society, Dover, Massachusetts, 1917.