logo1

Hyannis
Another Fire.

The house occupied by Conductor Thos. P. Slavin, and owned by Mr. R.D.F. Hall, was burned to the ground on Friday morning last, the alarm being given about one o'clock.

The building was insured, also the furniture, but a few pieces of which were saved. The fire caught in a closet near a chimney, and was discovered by Mrs. Slavin, who was alone in the house, Conductor Slavin being in Fairhaven.

Wind or no wind and weather favored Hyannis, and the fire department was able to confine the flames to the one spot, and even the house of Capt. Willis L. Case, near by, was unharmed.

The Slavins, in order to make a home for Mrs. Slavin's brother, Mr. James Morgan, were to move in a few days to the Hartson Hallett homestead.

Capt. and Mrs. Case desire to express their thanks through the Patriot to the Hyannis Fire Department and all friends who worked so faithfully and untiringly in their behalf in the fire of Friday morning.

Barnstable (Massachusetts) Patriot May 22, 1905.