logo1

Alphabetical Directory of the City of Dublin and Its Suburbs.

The following alphabetical arrangement contains all the names, addresses, etc. that appear in the classification of trades-- but not those comprised in the preceding list of gentry.
Dublin:
Slevin, Ann, vintner, Cross Guns, Phibsborough,
Slevin, Denis, outfitter, 9 Sir John Rogerson's quay.
Slevin, Edward, barrister, 4 Hardwicke st.
Slevin, Eliza, milliner and dress maker, 110 Summerhill.
Slevin, Jane, bonnet maker, 50 Lower Charlemont st.
Slevin, Patrick Holmes, toy warehouse and circulating library, 50 Lower Charlemont st.

Dublin: Libraries, Circulating:
Slevin, Christopher, circulating library, 50 Lower Charlemont st.

Dublin: Ready-Made Linen Warehouses and Outfitters:
Slevin, Dennis, 9 Sir John Rogerson's.

Ballymahon.

Is a market and post town, in the parish of Shruel, barony of Rathcline, county of Longford, 66m. west from Dublin... The town, which is the property of M.W. Shuldham, Esq., is tolerably well-built, and lately much improved, consists principally of one main street, running north to south... The population in 1841 was 1,229.

Slevin, John, grocer and ironmonger

Granard and Neighbourhood.

Granard is a market town, in the parish and barony of Granard, county of Longford, 66m. northwest from Dublin... The town, which is the property of W.F. Greville, Esq., consists of one long street, tolerably well built, but many of the houses are in a bad state of repair. The trade is principally confined to a limited manufacture of linen, the tanning of leather, and making candles...

Bakers:
Slevin, Francis

Grocers:
Slevin, Anthony

Ironmongers and Hardwaremen:
Slevin, Anthony

Saddlers:
Slevin, Anthony

Wine & Spirit Merchants:
Slevin, Anthony

Rathangan.

Is a small market town and parish, the latter partly in the barony of East Ophaly, but chiefly in that of West Ophaly, county of Kildare, 33 miles s.a. from Dublin... The town, which is the property of the Duke of Leinster, is tolerably well built, and is the residence, with the neighbourhood, of several respectable families. The place, however, enjoys but little trade, notwithstanding its eligibility of situation for that purpose...

Inns and Public Houses:
Slevin, Peter, Inn

Drumsna and Jamestown.

Jamestown is a small market town (formerly a parliamentary borough), in the parish of Kiltoghart, barony and county of Leitrim, situated between Drumsna and Carrick-on-Shannon... The only place of worship in the town is a Roman Catholic chapel... Connected with the chapel is a very good house, also the gift of Mr. O'Beirne, occupied by the Very Rev. Dr, Slevin, vicar general of the parish.

Gentry and Clergy:
Slevin, the Very Rev. F., D.D. Jamestown
Slevin, Rev. Richard, C.C. Jamestown

Places of Worship and Their Ministers:
Roman Catholic Chapel, Jamestown. The Very Rev. F. Slevin, D.D. Vicar-general; Rev. Richard Slevin, curate.

Ballina.

A market and post town in the parish of Kilmoremoy, barony of Tyrawley, county of Mayo, 154 miles n.w. from Dublin... Ballina is a thriving place, and improvements of some magnitude have been completed in new roads, buildings, etc., while others are further contemplated.

Miscellaneous.
Slevin, Dora, milliner, Knox st.

Maynooth and Kilrock.

Maynooth is a small market town, in the parish of Laraghbryan, barony of North Salt, county of Kildare, 15 m. west from Dublin, and 14 north by east from Naas... It is celebrated for its college, founded in 1795, by the Irish Parliament... The town consists of one long street, at the extremity of is the entrance leading to Carton, the magnificent seat of the Duke of Leinster...

Tailors:
Slevin, John, Maynooth

Monaghan and Neighborhood.

Monaghan is a market town (formerly a parliamentary borough) and a parish; the head of a barony, and capital of its county; 77 miles n.n.w. from Dublin... The town consists of one principal square, in the centre, called the Diamond (in which is the linen hall), of another spacious area (in which is the markethouse), and of three street diverging from the principal square in a triangular direction. The streets of the town are somewhat narrow, but are kept very clean; the carriage-ways are macadamized, and flanked by raised footpaths.

Leather Sellers:
Slevin, John, Park st.

Nenagh.

Is a market and assize town and parish, partly in the barony of Upper Ormond, but chiefly in that of Lower Ormond, county of Tipperary, 95 miles s.w. from Dublin... The town consists of four streets crossing each other, the market-place forming the centre. It is supplied with water from wells; and on the Dublin road is an excellent spring of water, enclosed by masonry... The union workhouse will accommodate one thousand paupers...

Bakers:
Slevin, Peter, 81 Castle st.

I. Slater's National Commercial Directory of Ireland: Including, in Addition to the Trades' Lists, Alphabetical Directories of Dublin, Belfast, Cork, and Limerick. To Which are Added, Classified Directories of The Important English Towns of Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Sheffield, Leeds and Bristol; and, In Scotland, Those of Glasgow and Paisley.
I. Slater, Fountain-Street, Manchester, and Fleet-Street, London, 1846.