logo1

The Old and New "Mansion-House" of Greenock.

An event in the history of Greenock, inqugerated the other day with "dignified silence"-- namely, the transference of the estates office of Sir Michael Robert Shaw Stewart, Bart., Lord-Lieutenance of Renfrewshire, from the old Mansion-House at Wellpark to the handsome new buildings erected at the corner of Ardgowan Square and Patrick Street, deserves more than passing notice...

The building has been erected in a most substantial manner by the following contractors: Beattie & Sons, masons; Meikle & Sons, carpenters; P. Bell & Co., plumbers; Andrew Swan, slater; Michael Slaven, plasterer.

Glasgow (Scotland) Herald, August 9, 1886.