logo1

A young man named Edward Slevin, age twenty-three, died suddenly on Sunday under circumstances which gave rise to the suspicion that he had been poisoned. He had gone to New York and on his return complained of not feeling well. When asked if he had eaten anything, he replied that he had drank two glasses of ale and eaten a piece of pie. Shortly afterward he died. A post-mortem examination was made yesterday by Coroner Simms and Drs. Stuart and Richards, and it was found that death was due to heart disease.

New York (New York) Tribune, February 10, 1880.