logo1

Longford.

On the night of the 25th ult., a fire, of a very alarming nature, broke in the premises of Mr. John Slevin, publican, in the village of Killashee, about four miles from Longford. The fire is believed to be accidental, and the only cause that can be assigned is that, shortly before the fire was discovered, one of Mr. Slevin's children was in the room over the shop with a lighted candle. The upper part of the house was entirely destroyed; but the shop fixtures and everything in the lower part of the premises were saved.

Irish American Weekly (New York, New York), September 20, 1873.