logo1

A Wife's Shocking Death.

Mrs. Slevin died in hospital on Wednesday from injuries alleged to have been caused by her husband throwing a lighted parafin lamp at her, while he was drunk, at Clerkenwell, London, early last Sunday morning. Deceased's child, 14 months old, was also burned by the fire, and had to be removed to the hospital, where it progresses favourably. Slevin, who is at large, stated that the flames were caused by the accidental upsetting of a lamp.

Northern Echo (Darlington, England) August 30, 1895.