logo1

Hastens End With Poison.

Instead of a lingering death from tuberculosis, Nathan Slavin died at 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon from sulpheric acid he had taken. Despair over the hopeless condition of his lungs had induced him to swallow the poison. He is 18 years old, and lived at 81 Johnson avenue.

Early yesterday morning, his brother, Morris, with whom he boarded, heard Nathan going into the bathroom. A few minutes later he heard him fall to the floor, and, hurrying to his brother, he found him lying unconcious. Ambulance Surgeon Cooney hurried the youth to St. Catherine's hospital, but little luck was held out for his recovery, and he sank rapidly until the middle of the afternoon when the end came.

The Brooklyn (New York) Daily Eagle, January 7, 1914.